1. Be familiar with the features of the different language types: narration, argument,
persuasion, information and aesthetic. Practice writing
in these different language types as regularly as possible.
2. For the Single Text, be familiar with aspects such as plot, characterisation
and style. Learn some key quotations that will illustrate
3. Be familiar with the headings for the Comparative Study and what they mean.
Prepare some key moments from your chosen texts for the
4. Prepare at least five poets and five poems for each. Do not confine yourself
to one or two!
5. Prepare for questions on each poet by focusing on themes, language and your